Total Posts this year: 39 (+1 vs 2018)
Decent posts this the year:
- Roughly Book Reviews
- Observations on the corporate world
- Practical Rationalism
I still write far less than I would want. I should have written a review of kolyma stories, a sequence on identity and a whole host of other things that I didn’t get around to. My writing also seems to be skewing towards the topics which occupy most of my waking life, work and organizations, as opposed to ethics or the far future.
Total Books Read This Year: 24 (+1 vs 2018)
- 5 stars:
- 4 stars:
- Non Fiction
- The Siege
- Open Borders: The Science and Ethics of Immigration
- The Trial of Henry Kissinger
- Barefoot Over the Serengeti
- The Case Against Education: Why the Education System Is a Waste of Time and Money
- Grokking Algorithms An Illustrated Guide For Programmers and Other Curious People
- The Little Go Book
- Big Business: A Love Letter to an American Anti-Hero
- Hard Time: Banged Up Abroad Raving Arizona
I finally finished Kolyma Stories this year. It’s one of the best books I’ve read and one of the few I unconditionally recommend.
The year ahead.
I should continue to write and read. I should write more. I should try to write one long-ish sequence going in depth into a certain topic. Identity or an introduction to ethics would be good sequences to start with. I should finally get serious with that podcast and start interviewing interesting people, of whom there are many.